Sunday, July 7, 2013

.

PAUL IORIO'S PROFILE OF FILM DIRECTOR PEDRO ALMODOVAR, SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE, 2000.


Here’s an article I wrote on Pedro Almodovar, who I interviewed one-on-one
and in person in West Hollywood on December 15, 1999.

Unfortunately, my editor at the San Francisco Chronicle truly botched the
edit – and sent it to the presses without running the changes by me.
(Hey, the editor didn’t need to change a word, for crissakes! And I sent
it via email, so it didn’t even need to be keyed in by someone else!)

So, here, for the first time, are the two Almodovar pieces: the one
I submitted for publication and the published edition that the editor
screwed up. (Pay particular attention to the lede graf; the editor
changed it from “late to the party” to “late at the party.” (What
kind of nasty is that, huh?) Anyway, enjoy my manuscript (and
contrast it with the published edition).

part 1 of unedited manuscript.

part 2 of unedited manuscript.

part 3 of unedited manuscript.

part 4 of unedited manuscript.


...................................................


page 1 of published story.


part 2 of published story.


part 3 of published story.


part 4 of published story.

..............................................................
..............................................................

















No comments:

Blog Archive